Sunday, April 19, 2009

Trust Issues

I put my trust in only One
The One who is God's only Son
It seems hard to trust in mankind
Don't know why, wish my life I could rewind...

To find out when I lost hope in humanity...
So many caught up in sheer vanity
There are a few I'm lucky to know
Dear sweet souls whose love they bestow

They go about the world with true compassion
Not caring that being shallow seems to be in fashion
I'm blessed to share with these folks I've never met
Unveiling my heart, for this I don't regret

We all have trust issues
So spare me the tissues
No need for tears
Forget those childish fears

Lift them up to the Lord
They rest upon His sword
Our trials He does see
Someday we will be Free!

by Amy

4 comments:

  1. Glory to God, hallelujah!!! :P~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey!
    Thanks so much for stopping by to read and for your wonderful joyful spirit!
    Glory to God :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your poetic gift with us. This poem lifted my spirits today.
    Thank you, too, for following my blog. I hope to get to know you better.
    Love,
    Jlo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judith!
    Thanks sooo much for reading my poem!
    I am glad you liked it!
    I am glad to find your blog you are very talented. I plan on reading more asap!
    God bless,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete