Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Sun did not set that day

I wrote this to describe my car accident, I am glad to have made it through. I get a chance to someday meet those friends..you know who you all are :)
Thank you for your prayers


Driving along the eternal highway
Moving on, doing things my way
At my left the car comes toward me
I turn my wheel, in despair to flee



Broken glass shatters, Is this the end?
I didn't get a chance to meet all my friends
I am still here, He ain't done with me yet
I still have time to contemplate my regrets

My days are not over, I've got a chance
To cherish my life and not live in a trance
To change my ways from dull to bright
And give this life one hell of a fight

At times I would have welcomed the end
But that was foolish thought, full of sin
We are here for a reason, don't ever forget
Glad it wasn't my time for the sun to set

by Amy

4 comments:

  1. Glad it wasn't your time yet either. Our days were numbered even before the world was created, however, it's not the number that matters, but how we use those days. Don't miss a single thing girl. Shalom, st :P~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stacey!
    You are the best and I thank you for reading my post!
    You are too cool!
    Hugs
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amy!!!

    I am SO glad you are still here. You've been a treasured part of my journey to the Catholic Church and I'm definitely not ready to have that end. So, along with smiling on you, your family and other friends, I'm convinced that He smiled on me when he kept you here after the accident.

    I've really missed your presence on the web. At last I can read your poetry any time that I wish. You definitely have a gift for touching hearts with your words (well, I can at least speak for your effect on my heart).

    I do hope you can keep your church life, family, work, friends and this blog all balanced. I certainly understood when you had to leave the web before (easy priorities to deal with), but you were definitely missed!

    Peace, Love, Blessings (and HUGS),
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michael!
    Yes its good to be alive :)
    I am glad to be back online and your journey has touched my heart also!
    I can keep everything balanced. This little blog takes little time and I am not on here every day. Just a little outlet to write my thoughts. I am back to work full time and with the commute thats most of my day and when I get home I have a ton of things to do so I know I can get caught up on the net, cause when I get into something I put my heart and soul into it, but I know priorities so no worries :)
    Next adventure for me is losing weight!
    Being layed up from the accident didn't help. I will share my struggle as far as that goes in a blog when I am ready.
    God bless and hugs
    Amy

    ReplyDelete