Friday, April 17, 2009

The 84th Floor is not so Cool

This is a poem I wrote a while ago, when I was inspired just a moment in time, to write poetry, and share my heart with the world. I have about 20 poems which I will share on my blog in time. Here goes... The 84th floor is not so cool
Up in the Penthouse On the 84th floor
Is life any sweeter?more rooms to explore?
A tall skyscraper scraping the sky
If I climb to the top can I touch the clouds? Can I try?
The building is majestic, regal, and tall
Like a castle from a far away land, I gaze in awe
Where life is so fancy, never dull, so bright
I ask the doorman "How do I climb up there tonight?

"There are no stairs, no elevator, I'm confused!
He says "that's for you to figure out" I can tell he was amused
So I went to sleep hoping the answer would come in a dream
Then it hit me like a Laser moonbeam
I'M AFRAID OF HEIGHTS! This realization is quite profound
I can see everything is cool right here on the ground

7 comments:

  1. Hello Amy !

    Now that's a good surprise ! An Easter present, I should say...

    Congratulations with your blog site. I notice that you're still in poetry. Goooooooood !!!

    But what's the story of your car accident? Maybe you told it on your blog, but I still have to find out. this is only my first visit. shouldn't be the last (lol) !

    My best Easter blessings for you, your family and visitors !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy. Its a blessing to be invited into your inner thoughts and that is to be respected and held as a sacred trust. Blessings My Friend! Pastor Gary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, did you hear about Susan Boyle ?

    View and listen to this video ...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNmONWt1_eA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Father Walter!
    Thanks so much for posting on my page here :)
    Yes I did hear about Susan Boyle and watched the video..WOW what an amazing talent!
    I am so happy you are here on my blog :)
    Thank you for the Easter blessing!
    God bless and hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary, Thanks so much for stopping by and I am happy to have you here on my page!
    You are a very kind to post a comment and I thank you much!
    God bless,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your poetry Amy. st :P~

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWW thanks so much Stacey!
    I am so glad you like it!
    You have be the most sweet friend and I thank you!
    God bless and hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete