Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Catholic Everyday not just Sunday

I must say living here so far from city life is tough in a few ways. The Catholic Church in town is a mission and doesn't have Religion classes for the kids so I have to travel 45 min to St. Joseph's which I love that Church by the way, but its quite a haul especially if I want to go to things like Holy Day Mass, Holy Week, etc. Thats 1 and a half hours in the car with 2 teenagers..who like to whine about the drive by the way. I do wish we lived closer but for now we are here. Not to mention Music Practice, Catholic Daughter meetings, etc. I like to be involved with the Church but I have to remember its ok to go to Mass at the Church in town too, if I can't make it to my beloved St Joe's :)
One plus is that St Josephs is really close to my mom and I visit her every Sunday anyway so its not out of the way for that. I wish I lived close so I could hear the Church bells ring, hear the hymns the bells play and just be Close to the Church which is like Home to me. So St. Joseph remains my home Church, and I can go to St. Lukes in town when I can't make it.
I Cantor a few times a month at St Joseph's also which I love to do!
How far do you travel to Mass or Church, do you have a beloved Church which you travel a distance for?

2 comments:

  1. I used to travel 20 minutes up the highway to church. Finally, I gave in and was obedient to God and started going to this church that He had been calling me to for years. It turns out that the church is, literally, right around the corner from my house. I walk to church on Wednesday night and on Sundays and whenever something else is going on there. It is so nice to have a church so close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks so much for sharing Stacey and for being my first one to comment :)
    Thanks for sharing your heart!
    hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete