Monday, February 15, 2010

the real me

This pic is of me and a few friends when we went to out for coffee. They had some cool folks playing their music that day so here is a poem dedicated to music.
I have been shy to put up recent pics of myself due to my weight so in the past I posted thinner pics and have gotten chubby over the past couple years but its no reason to hide so here is the real me..picture and poem.

friends


We all have music that speaks to our soul
Maybe you dig good rock and roll
I noticed you dress with a lot of pizzaz
So I would bet your favorite is Jazz
I noticed you like a guy in a cowboy hat
So I bet you think Country is where its at

Maybe your like me, more creative than intellectual
So I bet your love of punk is quite perpetual
I noticed you have pure class and style
So I bet you have liked Opera for quite a while
Your quite a dancer I must say
I bet you would choose Broadway any old day

The heartbeat of life is the sound of a song
Your favorite style can never be wrong
Different genre's make up the diverse, wonderful universe
Lift your song to the heaven's, no need to rehearse
You have got one life, one chance
So get out there, shake those hips and dance!

By Amy

6 comments:

  1. yes! if we cannot dance...how sad life would be...love your visions of all the music and clothes going together ! LOL

    i rejoice that you overcame and put your picture up...you are happy with your friends...and it shows!

    yes...the real you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Muse!
    Yeah I have known those girls since grade school, been through it all together!
    You are so kind thanks again for reading my poem :)
    God bless!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. want to see my grandloves?
    http://myladydujour.com/2010/02/the-cottage-awaits-spring/#more-641


    :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your grandloves are so beautiful!
    Wonder if there is a poet in the bunch!
    Wow your website is amazing!
    God bless!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are well.
    There are warm thoughts and prayers headed your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Muse..haven't been on here much working too much catching up since being off so much earlier!
    God bless

    ReplyDelete