Saturday, September 12, 2009

My daughter..Navy bound?

My daughter Teresa has said for a few years now that she wants to go in the Navy when she grows up. I dismissed this as just a kid loving the ocean, like me and in all honesty do not like the idea of my daughter going into the service. When my dad was alive he always talked about how he did NOT want me going into the army like he was because its tough for women in the service. Granted this was many years ago and things have changed for women in the service, there are many good women who fight for our country and I am not saying that but...my daughter?

My little girl? Well it seems she has been more obsessed by this in the last year so I will support my little girl in whatever aspiration she has and will be proud of her no matter what. She is only 13 but she is a girl with a mission :)
We will see where life takes her. I love my little girl with all my heart!
She will always be my baby girl! I can't believe she is in the 7th grade already. Wow how time flies!
I found an old sailors hymn to share here :)



Called Eternal Father Strong to save

God bless!

Eternal Father, Strong to save,
Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
Who bid'st the mighty Ocean deep
Its own appointed limits keep;
O hear us when we cry to thee,
for those in peril on the sea.

O Christ! Whose voice the waters heard
And hushed their raging at Thy word,
Who walked'st on the foaming deep,
and calm amidst its rage didst sleep;
Oh hear us when we cry to Thee
For those in peril on the sea!

Most Holy spirit! Who didst brood
Upon the chaos dark and rude,
And bid its angry tumult cease,
And give, for wild confusion, peace;
Oh, hear us when we cry to Thee
For those in peril on the sea!

O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go;
Thus evermore shall rise to Thee,
Glad hymns of praise from land and sea.

2 comments:

  1. If I had it to do over again, I would defiantly go in the military. My dad never wanted us girls to go in the marine corp, but as for the other branches, they would be ok. He was a marine himself and did two tours in Vietnam but didn't think the marine corp was for girls. A lot of my family has been in the military, so I really support it. I also think we live in the greatest country in the world and it would be a privilege to be in it's armed services. My oldest nephew just started 7th grade this year and I can't believe it. They grow up quickly. I got a new dog. Check out my pictures of him (Duke) on facebook. Love ya girl, st :P~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey!
    Really..you would go into the military? My dad was in the army but retired when I was young. He was a Vietnam vet also. He was in like over 20 years and loved it but didn't like the idea for me. I will support Teresa if thats what she wants to do. Congrats on your new dog :)
    Hope you have fun together. Dogs are great but I have always really been a cat person. You have to work for their love ;)
    We sure do live in the greatest country in the world you got that right girl!
    Your nephews are growing up quick too!
    Did you have fun kid sitting this summer?
    I am sure they are always happy to have their favorite auntie hang out with them.
    I will check out your little dog pictures
    hugs!
    love ya girl!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete