Thursday, September 3, 2009

Life is sometimes stranger than fiction

Oh my I have a story!
I was driving home today minding my own business and I came around this turn slowly and slowed way down, something just told me to slow down and right out before my eyes in the middle of the road was A BABY!
A baby that couldn't be more than 18 months or 2 years!
I stopped my car right before where she was WALKING IN THE ROAD!
I stopped my car and put it in park and undid my seatbelt and just stared at her and she gave me a little smile and I roll down my window and a lady comes out of a house..I say "Is this your baby" and she says no its the neighbors. Then to my left comes the childs father who says..cool as a cucumber.. "SHE WAS JUST UP ON THE PORCH"


What the heck!!! I was in shock and did not say a word. I smile and wave goodbye and go on way my as he carries the beautiful child who is just smiling but halfway down the road I feel rage..Like I should have yelled "watch your kid" but I know that would do no good. Maybe the child got away from them but It was such a surreal moment I don't even know what to say but I thank the Lord for protecting her and guiding me to go so very slow on that road. I usually do because there is always a cat or something for me to stop for but this is unreal. I thank the Lord and Mother Mary for watching over us and guiding me because I could not live with myself if someone got hurt by my car. Thank you Jesus for being there, and I pray that those folks watch that baby more close and not let her wander all the way to the road. God be with them . I am sure it was an accident that she got out of their sight but the fact that he was not even frantic concerns me..he didn't "go nuts" as I know I would have done if my child was in the road. Maybe he was in shock but the synic in me still prays he loves that baby like he should and watches her like a hawk from now on. I have my eye out big time when I drive on these country roads but even more so now. I don't even want to drive anymore but I have to for my job, Church, etc. No way around it. I just thank God thank God all is well. Life is something else sometimes. They say timing is everything. I am so thankful for everything now. In my mailbox when I got home was a rosary. One of those you get for free for being on a Catholic mailing list. I see that as something special to have received that today. It is in my purse where it will remain always.
God bless you all. I love all my brothers and sisters in the Lord.

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for you hearing that "still small voice" and obeying when you slowed down. There could be lots of reasons for the entire incident, but I just praise God that you listened to the prompting of the Holy Spirt. All glory be to God, st :P~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I thank God and I thank Him for making that voice loud enough for me to listen. He truly is alive isn't He!
    Yes All Glory to God..Alleluia!!

    ReplyDelete