Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Have you experienced this?

Well its the middle of September, Fall is upon us. I love the fall, when the air turns crisp, the leaves turn colors, autumn splendor, like God took a paintbrush to the trees. I love the Fall, and my birthday is in October so thats cool. But something strange happens to me every year around this time, and lasts untill after the new year..I get a little down, sometimes a lot down actually in previous years. I went through a lot in my life during the fall times, I lost my dad many years ago in November, my mom was always hospitalized against her will into a mental facility in the fall, all throughout my childhood, and other unspoken trauma I have had to deal with..all around this season it seems.

I never really thought about it honestly..the timing of it all that is. It affects my whole family..my husband seems to be under more stress..everything. I never really thought about the connection untill driving home tonight from Church where I was at a ladies group called Catholic Daughters. I started to cry a few tears on my way home tonight..thinking about it all for some reason. Maybe time to start up the medication again lol!


Anyway..isn't it something how our mind holds on to pain. You think you are done with it then it socks you right in the noggin sometimes. I guess it keeps us humble..I know I seek God always but even more when I feel unsettled.
I try to keep focus on these amazing blessings I have, family, friends, stuff like that..the important stuff. I begin to feel guilty for feeling sad when so much good is going on right now all around us. This world still has so many good people in it and the Lord is so good to us all. So I'm a little nutty in the fall and early winter..hey..we all have our quirks!


I will not waste one more moment on it.. now that I know the connnection and why I will deal with it like a grown up. Do you all get down a certain time of year and seem to be fine the rest of the year?
Maybe I need to go where there is an eternal summer at the beach..like maybe Hawaii..LOL!
footprints Pictures, Images and Photos

In my dreams haha!
You know what they say..if your problems seem to big..well..run for your life..haha just kidding
They actually say..no problem too big for GOD!
Hallelujah!
Glory be to the most high Jesus Christ!

2 comments:

  1. Surprise, Surprise...you are not alone on this one. My doctor told me years ago, that it is sorta like an anniversary syndrome. A lot of the trauma from your past happened around this time of year, so even though you thought it was done and over with, your sub conscious is still dealin I guess. My life altering trauma happened in Sept. and for some reason, I always get some kind of way around this time of year too. The change in sunshine is also not helping. Sunshine is the best anti-depressant out there. When the sun goes down, things are always a little worse. I believe my doctor calls that sun down syndrome. It's prob'ly not a bad idea to go back on your meds for a bit to get you through these times. That's what they are for anyway, so defiantly take advantage of them. A great Psalm for strength is Psalm 20. Trusting in God for strength when facing challenges. Love ya girl, st :P~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stacey!
    Very interesting..good to know I am not alone in this on. I am so sorry Sept is a hard month for you..I am here for you girl. You know I have come a long way and you have too thats for sure. Nobody tells me to get on meds as nicely as you..LOL!
    I have a much better view of everything now..even though I get down..Like before I was in a fog and couldn't see 2 feet in front of me and now I see the big picture.
    Laughter is good medicine. Psalm 20..I will read that one tonight!
    You inspire me as always and I love you for it my friend!
    hugs and blessings
    Amy

    ReplyDelete