Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Depression...NOT!



Ok so I suffer from depression now and then..I am not afraid to admit it as I once was. I always thought I was just being weak or something like that. I have found that my relationship with Jesus has helped me through. Also good friends here online. (Thank you Stacey :) I find it easier to talk online than in person as I tend to put on a "everythings ok" front even when its totally not. Little things can set me off, not getting a promotion at work can lead me a freak out and thinking I am worthless..etc. But I only have melt downs like these once in a while. Medication can help so don't be afraid to ask for it although side effects can be a bummer also. Do you suffer from depression? What do you do to combat those feelings?
Its a tough world, its no wonder that people suffer from depression..economic woes alone can keep folks up at night. We are in this thing together ya'll!
One World, One people!
Peace!
Amy

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say I love the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I think there is always a rainbow to find somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your awesome Amy and I love you. God is in total control, so really, we don't have to worry about the economy and every thing else that is going on in the world. I just always remember that I am more than a little bird, so God is always gonna take care of me cuz He took care of the birds. He knows what I need even before I do, so I have not a single worry in the world. In no way am I minimizing depression, cuz it is a real thing and I went through it myself. But you got it when you say that you are not afraid to admit your struggles with it. If God didn't want us to have medicines and doctors, He would have never put them at our disposal. If you need them, then use them. That's what I say to everyone. Shalom,st :P~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacey!
    Thanks so much for your encouragement here. Thats true I love the bible verse that talks about the birds!
    Thanks for sharing with us. God is good if we put Him first. Yesterday at Mass we had a guest priest who talked about the poor folks all over the world and their struggles just to survive and it touched my heart. I would like to go on a mission trip someday maybe.
    God bless you girl!
    hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete