Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Prayers needed I am cantor for Easter Vigil!

I was the cantor last year for Easter Vigil and I have been requested to sing again and this made me sooooo nervous last year but I guess I did ok "gasp" and am going to sing again this year. The room for error is great this is some difficult stuff especially for me the country girl to pronounce all those saints..take a look at the lyrics that have me a shakin' in my boots!!
LITANY OF THE SAINTS



Lord, have mercy. Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy. Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy. Lord, have mercy.


Verse 1. Mary and Joseph, pray for us.
Michael and all angels, pray for us.
Anna, Joachim, Elizabeth, pray for us.
Elijah, Moses, John the Baptist, pray for us.
Isaac, Sarah, Abraham, pray for us.
Jacob, Joseph, Samuel, pray for us.
Ruth, David and Solomon, pray for us.
Isaiah, Jeremiah, pray for us.
All you holy men and women, pray for us.

Verse 2. Peter, Paul, Andrew, pray for us.
James, John, and all apostles, pray for us.
Mary Magdelene, Veronica, pray for us.
Barnabas, Matthias, pray for us.
Stephen, Philip, and Cornelius, pray for us.
Prisca and Aquila, pray for us.
Timothy and Titus, pray for us.
Linus, Cletus, and Clement,pray for us.
All you holy men and women, pray for us.

Verse 3. Lawrence and Chrysogonus, pray for us.
Innocent, and Boniface, pray for us.
Hippolytus and Origen, pray for us.
Athanasius and Basil, pray for us.
Felicity, Perpetua, pray for us.
Cosmos and Damien, pray for us.
John, Chrysostom, and Justin, pray for us.
Lucy, Agatha, and Agnes, pray for us.
All you holy men and women, pray for us.

Verse 4. Jerome and Eusebius, pray for us.
Scholastica and Benedict, pray for us.
Ambrose, Monica, Augustine, pray for us.
Martin and Gregory, pray for us.
Clare, Francis, and Dominic, pray for us.
Francis Xavier, Ignatius, pray for us.
Elizabeth and Catherine, pray for us.
Louis and Wenceslaus, pray for us.
All you holy men and women, pray for us.

Verse 5. Lord, be merciful, save your people.
From all evil, save your people.


Please pray for my voice as I have been struggling with sinus issues all season and have had colds as well!
Thanks so much and hope I do ok !

hope I don't get any comments like this little kitty below! LOL!!!
scared cat Pictures, Images and Photos
God bless!
Amy

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful! As one who cannot sing let me tell you how much I appreciate people like yourself who are willing to be Cantor - you add such beauty to the liturgy.
    Easter Vigil Mass if my favorite mass of the year - A a convert to Catholicism the Easter Vigil holds a special place in heart, this Easter will mark my 17th year as a Catholic!!

    I am sure you will do a great job - I will keep you in my prayers -

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will indeed keep you in thought and prayer...
    i am sure HIS spirit will be with you and your voice will sound lovely!

    thank you for the wedding wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martine!
    Thats so wonderful that you made the choice to become Catholic 17 years ago :)
    I am glad you like the Vigil Mass too!
    Thanks so much for your prayers that means alot and I hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family!
    God bless!
    Amy

    Hi Muse!
    Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers!
    I do pray His Spirit is with me We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us :)
    Hope you have a great Easter with family and friends.
    God bless!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ms amy, i am following all my blogs privately now, wanted to let you know that is why my avatar will not show openly in the google reader. i am continuing to deal with a nasty stalking issue, and so i must take this action, rest assured, i am here ... :)

    ReplyDelete