Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ode to Yuppies

Yuppies
Hot Coffee Pictures, Images and Photos

Drinking their strong coffee with Starbucks oatmeal
With a Red Bull Chaser
Whats it Chasing?
Chasing Dreams, Hopes. Like a bull seeing red
And red is a power color, good to wear for those interviews..
..but dreams can intertwine with Greed and Lust
What was the pursuit of happines can become a trap
Easy to fall into but hard to spot!
Unless you are careful
s2182-14.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

To be one of us, they say, is to embrace the Left
If you are an artist you have to have an "oh so open mind"
I beg to differ
I consider myself a creative one as well, embracing the right
because the right is so right..conservative can be cool
Much to their dismay..
I don't follow the "anything goes" games they play
Because following the rules might get me to heaven someday


Perhaps I sabatoge my own personal growth
but those growing pains can hurt so bad!
I like familiar territory, Like an old cat in her rocking chair.
Nothing wrong with that, nothing wrong with the cat
So don't dismiss her
Embrace her
For who she is
Cat In Rocking Chair Eating Lemons Pictures, Images and Photos
The end

A little late night insight from me...:)
The irony here..I really love starbucks lol!

2 comments:

  1. I too like Starbucks. I am pretty keen on the frapaccinnos (spelling), but I am not in on all the "snobby" aristocratic if you will types that are really associated with such establishments. If society only realized that without God, they are nothing, have no thoughts, have nothing, and are just nothing. Glory to God...I am something, I have wisdom and everything that I need. Amen and Amen. Love your writings Amy. st :P~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey!
    Yep I like those frapaccinos..(spelling..who knows lol!)
    I also like their regular coffee cause it really does wake me up :)
    I totally agree that God is really what its all about!
    God bless those Yuppies lol!
    So glad to have the honor of knowing you girl!
    love ya
    Amy

    ReplyDelete