Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Time Flies

The house is getting quiet, The kids are growing fast
The pitter patter of little feet is a memory of the past
I miss those days of laughter and joy and innocence of youth
When my babes were sweet and kind and just so very cute

Now its time for a new chapter, a new season of my journey
I pray that it holds good memories and not so many worries
Its has been oh so tough just to keep afloat
I am ready to charter new waters in this brand new boat

One kid off to college, one in high school soon
I am going to cry my eyes out when he graduates in June
The nest is getting empty, What am I gonna do?
I don't know how to knit or sew.. I haven't got a clue

Where did those years go anyway, the memories are so clear
Like they were just yesterday I will always hold them dear
I pray they listened to me about the important stuff
Maybe I didn't cover everything I hope I said enough

About life and love and being kind and living for the Lord
and living by the law of God I hope this struck a cord
All we can do is hope and pray and send them on their way
And just sit by patiently, they will be back again someday

My daughter be kind, gentle and true and graceful and polite
My son be strong and wise and sweet and love with all your might
I pray this world is good to you and all your dreams come true
But no matter what life brings I am always here for you!

by Amy
seagul Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment