Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hot topics

Hows your summer going? Its goin by fast for us, no vacation this year but hopefully we can get to the beach next May for a beach birthday for Teresa. The kids have band camp coming up and my Alex is working at the grocery store with his daddy so my little guy and big papa are both hard at work this summer. Teresa is enjoying walking Monica and having a lazy dazy summer.

I follow a blog which is of a conservative Christian family and they believe in conservative dress and the girls in the family wear dresses and skirts. What do you think of being a full time dress/skirt wearer. I think its a pretty good idea and I do agree with the feminine roll of being a wife and mother, and I do feel more lady like when I wear a skirt or dress but here is the but....at work I am so much more comfy in pants but its something to think about and even pray on. Traditionally us Catholics don't follow any particular "dress code" which is all to apparent in the mini skirts and shorts I see at Mass but I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic. I know some traditional Cathoics do adhere to a more conservative dress even going to the all skirts, dress rule but i have never met any in my area.

Another topic is weight loss. I do not agree with all the weight loss surgery and doctors who are willing to re route peoples perfectly good insides for weight loss. I know sometimes it is necessary and helpful but doctors are awful ready to cut and slice these days even on people who are just a little about 200 pounds. Are they mad!
I could stand to loose weight but I think the key is just being as healthy as possible and accept what ever body the good Lord gave us even if its a heavy one. I have a cat named Tony and he is one big fat ass cat. He has never asked me for weight loss surgery even though I jokingly said "that cat needs gastric bypass" LOL!
I would rather die fat and happy that skinny, hungry and wrinkled :)
So pass the pizza, and the salad while your at it. I still think its all about balance. I like NAAFA, check them out sometime, they are about fat acceptance.
Even my doctor I see for arthritis agrees with losing weight slowly and by eating veggies, fruits and whole grains and lean meats. He never nags me about my weight God bless him, he knows I try and give up, and try try again to be healthy. :)
Gotta love a good doctor who is supportive and accepting of a larger patient. I am still singing at Mass and the other Church has a priest so our dear priest Father Chris is back to serving just our parish yay!
Fat acceptance Pictures, Images and Photos
Peace, love, and God bless!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment