Monday, April 5, 2010

to Mom..bunny cakes and smiles

I cherish the memories of Easters past
Never realized that time goes so fast
Memories of your good times, going through my mind
I have tried before but the real you I cannot find

You gave up hope but I have not
You dont even realize what you have got
Family who cares, friends who are distant
Wish you knew the worth of your existence

Your grandkids do love you, now their almost grown
I hope you can feel the care they have shown
Like winter to spring someday you will awaken
But those stolen years, can't get back what was taken

But I ponder those good times of bunny cakes and smiles
Glad we shared them, when I was a young child
So I shall lock away those precious times, forever in my heart
To hold dear what was, and look forward to a new start
by amy

MOTHER AND CHILD Pictures, Images and Photos
My daughter Teresa on Easter day visiting her grandma, my mom.
Photobucket
My mom has schizophrenia so every holiday we visit I hope she shows some happiness but yesterday all I saw was apathy so it got me a little down so I wrote a poem, wishing things were different and hoping and praying for a moment that she may get back some of herself in the future. For a while she was doing good, playing bingo and crafts but has been doing worse latley (she is in a care home). I am busy raising a family and working so I don't ponder on the situation much, like the prayer says "accept that which you cannot change" but once in a while I send my prayers up for her.
This song reminds me of her situation ..

2 comments:

  1. Amy, such a sad poem, I am sorry that your mother has been taken over by her illness, you are right to hang on to and cherish the good memories. I will keep you and your mom in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martine, its kind of like therapy to write poems sometimes, since I dont talk to anyone in real life about mom except for my kids and husband and we don't say much exept like you said..we pray for her. And no lip ring on my daughters face as you can see yay!
    God bless
    Amy

    ReplyDelete