Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cats and their meeting at the heat vent

cats Pictures, Images and Photos
I am home still sick and couldn't make it to Mass because of the lovely side effects of the antibiotic called biaxin which is doing its job against my strep throat and bad sinus infection but is taking its toll on my tummy so I am still stuck inside but ventured out to the market to get some bread and a few essentials (like ice cream)this afternoon. I feel a little guilty about missing Mass cause I went to the store but it was a quick trip and I really don't think I could take the long drive to Church and back with my tummy troubles. Just thought I would share a little of my Catholic guilt about missing Church. Anyway, when I got up this morning the 3 cats were all hanging out at the heat vent staring at it. I was wondering if maybe they heard a mouse because they were all bug eyed and intent. I think they were just really cold lol! They kind of looked like this cartoon pic I found on photobucket :)
Its been fun being a housewife this week and even though I am sick I have enjoyed the time with the family. The kids are playing video games together which is cool, they are having some fun playing more than I usually let them. Its freezing cold so they can't go outside for long! I am happy to hear their laughter and cherish every moment especially cause Alex will be a SENIOR in high school NEXT YEAR. I am going to go through some serious empty nest syndrome when that boy goes to college. Its back to work for me on Tuesday so I get to hang out one more day at home tomorrow. I thank God for everyday cause it all could have been taken from me, when I had my car accident. And I am sorry for all the times I was depressed and not paying attention to what I had and focused on problems instead of blessings, I pray the Lord forgives me for all past transgressions. I know Angels have intervened on my behalf in my life and I thank God for them. They come in the form of a friend,who pointed out how life is a gift, or in the form of the cop who knocked on my car window at a red light and warned me about putting on my seat belt just 15 min. before I was in a fatal car accident. My husband Mark in an angel, who sometimes doesn't express it but shows his love is quiet ways like bringing me home an iced tea when I am sick, or just calling to ask if I am ok. My kids are my angels, and so are my pets. And you are an angel to me for reading this and being my friend (Stacey!).
Sending love,
Amy

4 comments:

  1. Surely hope that this Sunday shines a light on and in you...one that can radiate past all the pain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judith!
    Thanks so much for your well wishes. I am feeling much better and had a nice peaceful Sunday!
    Your wonderful for stopping by thanks so much!
    God bless
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1
    This scripture came to me immediately when you talked of feeling guilty for going to the store but not to mass. LOL I know how you feel though cuz I don't like to leave the house if I don't go to church or something. It's just part of our fleshly nature. Hope your feeling better. Love ya, st :P~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey,
    Hey my friend! thanks so much for the awesome Bible quote!
    I am feeling a lot better and am back to work and back to Church tomorrow :)
    As far as my fleshly nature, well, thats for a future dieting blog (too much flesh lol!)
    I might tackle that soon lol!
    I know what ya mean though!..need to walk in the Spirit!
    love ya girl,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete