Sunday, November 15, 2009

What Wonderous Love is This?

I am singing a new hymn, well new to me tomorrow at Mass so I went to youtube to try to learn it and I found this awesome beautiful video of Irish artists singing in such a beautiful setting and playing wonderful music and I learned to sing this song from the Video!
This song was written by an anonomous writer in the year 1811..pretty cool!
Enjoy!

Lyrics,

What Wondrous Love Is This
By: Anon.
What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this
That caused the Lord of bliss
To bear the dreadful curse for my soul, for my soul,
To bear the dreadful curse for my soul!


To God and to the Lamb I will sing, I will sing;
To God and to the Lamb I will sing;
To God and to the Lamb,
Who is the great I AM,
While millions join the theme, I will sing, I will sing,
While millions join the theme, I will sing.

And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on;
And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on.
And when from death I’m free
I’ll sing His love for me,
And through eternity I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on,
And through eternity I’ll sing on.



2 comments:

  1. I would have loved to hear you sing this beautiful song. I bet you were wonderful and I am certain that you blessed many. st ;P~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Stacey!
    I loved singing this song and had fun with this one cause I was thinking about the video when I was on the alter singing it :)
    Thanks so much for your kindness I would have loved for you to be there too!
    hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete