Friday, August 7, 2009

Jesus our Lord

When you meet someone for the first time how often we get asked "what do you do for a living" or "Do you work or are you a housewife" ..etc!
So often I get weighed down with my answer "I work at a bank"
No thats not my vocation. My vocation is being a wife and mom right? Well yes but.... My vocation is loving Jesus and serving Him and in doing so I must be the best Mom, Wife and I suppose bank worker I can be (lol!)
Like in this picture Jesus carried me many times. Sometimes He led me to people who helped pick me up. Sometimes I have had the honor of helping others who I believe He brought to me as well..
when jesus carried me Pictures, Images and Photos

My friend Stacey calls herself a Christ follower! Thats what we all should strive to be. Mother Teresa shares with us also in regard to this.
Sunrise over ocean Pictures, Images and Photos

"Many people mistake our work for our vocation. Our vocation is the love of Jesus."
Mother Teresa

3 comments:

  1. I work for a Jewish Carpenter, that's what I do. Shalom, st :P~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, our vocation is loving and serving Jesus...and what a glorious and blessed vocation it is!
    Thank you for your testimony to Him!
    Your song was beautiful...you have a lovely voice. Keep singing!
    Love,
    Jlo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacey ..That is so cool..working for a Jewish Carpenter!
    I once had a bumper sticker that said that :)
    How neat huh! :)
    Judith..So nice to see you here on my blog Thanks for the wonderful compliments!
    Both you ladies made me smile!
    Hugs to all!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete