Sunday, August 25, 2013

Wow Its been a while since I have posted!

 Wow it has been quite a while since I have posted. Well here is the long story short on my life. Our son Alex is now almost a junior in college and took off in May for the study abroad program and has been to Poland this summer and now is in Berlin Germany and will next week starts school at Marburg Germany. He is studying history. It has really been hard on me with him so far away, and he is going through that phase of life where he is not speaking much at all to us, just on facebook. I really miss him and don't understand why he is separating himself from us, its not the distance but more the lack of communication that worries me. I guess he is going through some growing pains but I am praying for him please keep him in prayer. We are of meager means and he is over there on student loans and money we send to support him its been tough financially we really wanted him to work during the summer and save up for a car and to pay student loans but he had other plans. He will be over there for a whole year and we keep him in constant prayer.

So I have sunk into somewhat of a depression my dear Aunt had a stroke and she is very independent but cannot drive anymore but walks around pretty well with a walker and is self sufficient and has her own condo still, and I go help out with dr appts and grocery shopping, etc when I am not at work. Its a joy to be there for her I know she would do the same for me so she is in my prayers she is one tough lady.

Teresa our daughter starts 11th grade this year, my chics are almost out of the nest and I want to hang on to every moment with them. I am still a Cantor at my Church for noon Mass its something that is an honor to be chosen for to sing for our Lord at Mass. I am busy with work and at my Aunts pretty much every day I am not at work so being so busy helps keep my mind off of constant worry for Alex. He says in Berlin there is riots everyday because of mobs of people protesting the govt. He says the German countryside is beautiful. Something is not right with him though he has not taken any photos since Poland I have no photos of Germany I think its cause he prob. had his camera stolen and he doesn't want to tell me cause I will worry. I hope and pray he comes back safe and sound to me and I pray for his mental state, with such little contact with him and no family over there I really am concerned. Like I said my motherly instinct says something is very off with him our conversations are cut so short, he wont tell me details about anything and our conversation is just usually about what he ate or things like that. We have always been so close so this pains me to no end. I pray things get better and he lets us back in on his life. He is 20 and brings this fact up to me all the time saying "its my life" etc. We were always so close and open and like overnight he changed. He wont talk about God or if he is going to Church or anything he says its none of our business. This is not like my son, the son who wanted to be a priest for many years. I pray for my  baby boy I pray he comes back to me.

God bless you
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Boy you have a lot on your plate too, I will pray for you too. Is there anyone at the university Alex is attending in Germany you could call to see if they could just check on him for you. Of course this could be problematic and might offend him if he feels you have people "snooping" on him. But if communication is infrequent and you feel all is not right it might set your mind at ease.
    Some of this is normal though, young adults sometimes really have to make a break from their parents to figure out who they are.
    Give Alex time.



    Bean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your post! I will call the school and see how he is doing. I appreciate you very much and I really appreciate your prayers! :) God bless you Bean :)

    ReplyDelete